Let’s get started! This is a motherboard based on Z490 chipset that supports intel 10th gen desktop CPUs on LGA1200 socket.
MAG Z490 Tomahawk is one of the “budget” options from MSI on the market, but that doesn’t mean it lacks features or overclocking stability, in contrast to other brands at this price point (under 200$).
One of the main reasons I bought this motherboard was that it has dual Lan build in and at the same time offers more than six USBs at the back I/O and good audio.
Another reason is that this mobo has really beefy VRM heatsinks, which keep the VRMs nice and cool even at higher loads, that is very important if want to overclock.
I am using the motherboard with intel core i7-10700k and I can say that I really wasn’t expecting the overclocking to be that easy and stable with this mobo.
This motherboard comes with the most feature-rich design in his class, in my opinion.
It comes with:
- CPU support up to intel core i9-10900k
- Supported RAM speeds up to 4800MHz – Thanks to the MSI DDR4 Boost
- 2x PCI-E 3.0 x16 slots with support for 2-Way AMD CrossFire
- 2x PCI-E 3.0 x1 slots
- 1x Display port and 1x HDMI
- 2.5 + 1Gbps Dual Lan
- 2x M.2 slots with a heatsink on each, and support for intel optane
- 6x Sata3 6Gb/s ports
- 2x ARGB and 2x RGB connectors + build in RGB
- 7.1 Build in audio
- 7x USBs Type-A and One Type-C for a total of 8 on the back I/O
- Also Front panel Type-C support
- Integrated I/O Shield
- Last, but not least you can hook up 7 fans + 1 pump/fan directly to the motherboard.
I strongly recommend this motherboard to everyone who wants to get into overclocking with 10gen intel and at the same time is in a tight budget!